Thursday 13 December 2012

Snow Dog is Victorious!

It's fitting that I should finally have ready the two last encounter tables of my gigantic graphic system - intended to replace the "natural" and "savage" tables in cold regions:

Click to enlarge

Oh yeah, that's a snow dog.

HD: 6 AC: 5/14 AT: d12 MV: 15
Size: 3 Mind: Average Reaction/Morale: +1/+2
These shaggy, fierce but benevolent horse-sized creatures roam wintry wastes and mountain peaks. They are of lawful disposition, associating with kindly druids, abbots and hermits, and will aid well-intentioned travelers. There is a 1 in 3 chance that a Snow Dog will have around its neck a keg with d10 doses of a potion of cure light wounds and protection from cold.

Now comes the hard task of putting all these tables into a presentation format and integrating them with the two outdoor adventure systems I've cooked up: one suitable for pre-stocking areas, and the other for generating encounters on the fly. More on that later.

7 comments:

  1. That's a pretty good remorhaz you found. I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a grubbier remo than Tramp's art deco critter, to be sure, the bastard of a spiny clipart caterpillar and the Phylopic larva head I used for the ankheg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work as usual. I'm intrigued by the vapor rats and lost race patrol. Are they homebrew or found elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work as usual. I'm intrigued by the vapor rats and lost race patrol. Are they homebrew or found elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe vapor rats were in the AD&D 1st edition monster manual. Lost race patrol will be detailed, along with the other oddball encounters, in the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah - they were actually in MM2 (but weren't they alluded to in the cloud giant entry?)

      Delete
  6. Hey, I am obsessed with your blog these days. But I can't seem to find the standard Savage Zone encounter table!

    ReplyDelete